I came across this recipe for a roasted tomato crustless quiche, back in December when I was planning my Christmas Brunch…it was a big hit with the family so I made it again today when I hosted a small ladies brunch for my girl’s birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSIE!!!) My Sunday Funday Brunch Menu was simple and good for a small group of people…it included:
- Roasted Tomato Quiche
- Cheesy Grits
- Fried Chicken Wings
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- My Fruity Sangria
- Iced Coffee + Sweet cream
This quiche is a great dish, easy to make and delish…there was not a link to this recipe on site – I found it in Paula Deen‘s “Cooking With Paula” (12.26.11) magazine. Here is a list of ingredients and step by step instructions…this version includes my slight variations to the original recipe.
Receipe feeds about 8-10 people
- 2 pints of grape tomatoes (I used 1.5 pints)
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (6 0z.) bag Caesar-flavored croutons (I used Texas Toast)
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of shredded fontina cheese
- Salt (a few dashes – seasoned to taste)
- Pepper (a few dashes – seasoned to taste)
- Tony Cachere’s or your favorite seasoning (few dashes for extra flavor)
- 8-9 Large eggs
- 1 cup of half-and-half
- Dried Rosemary (few dashes to sprinkle over egg dish)
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees…line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place tomatoes on baking sheet – drizzle olive oil over the tomatoes and put in the oven to roast for 10 minutes. While this is in the oven – get a 13×9-inch baking dish and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Once 10 minutes are up – remove tomatoes and set to the side.
3. Chop up a medium onion; in a small pan – heat up a few dashes of olive oil…once the oil is hot – add the chopped onions and cook it for a few minutes until its tender. Turn off the heat once the onions are cooked.
4. In your baking dish, spread the croutons on the bottom of the dish…layer it with the mozzarella cheese and the fontina cheese. Add the cooked onions on top of the cheese.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and half-and-half….add your salt, pepper and seasonings and whisk again until it’s all fully mixed.
6. Pour the egg mix over the cheese and onions, then layer the tomatoes over the egg mixture. Sprinkle dried rosemary over the dish and pop it in the oven for about 45 minutes until the center is fully cooked.
Enjoy + Happy Cooking!